A Unique Cultural & Historical Experience
Tacos And Authentic Regional Favorites. We know that tacos are on your list of food priorities and this culinary tour has tasty tacos and more. We take you to locally owned restaurants and street food stands you might not find on your own but certainly don’t want to miss.
- This is a 3.5-hour walking excursion with a local foodie as your tour guide.
- Enjoy mouthwatering regional cuisine from 9 different tasting locations.
- Tasting includes a bottle of water, fresh coconut water, and enough food for a satisfying lunch.
Thursday thru Saturday
1 tour guide
Tour takes place snow, rain, or shine
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable clothing and shoes
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
5 tastings. expert tour guide, tasting map with insiders recommendations
5 star company with over 1700 reviews
Handmade Mexican Candies
What to expect from this tour?
One-of-a-kind Food Tastings – Our guided, small-group 3-hour culinary and walking tour features five food tasting locations carefully chosen to highlight some of the award-winning restaurants in San Miguel de Allende. Enough for a satisfying dinner, you will enjoy a sampling of delicious tastings including gourmet tamal, jicama shrimp taco, chile enogada , delicious local desert and other seasonal dishes.
Learn about the award-winning chefs and their inspirations using ingredients from locally sourced vendors, all served with a side of Mexico’s culinary traditions. All food tastings are included in the ticket price. See Tasting Locations to the right.
A Unique Cultural & Historical Experience – Our aim is to not only satisfy your stomach but quench your thirst for knowledge. Between savoring delicious bites and tastings, you will explore the stunning architecture and learn about Mexican culture and traditions.
Why take this tour?
- Culture and Food. Dating back thousands of years to indigenous cultures, food in Mexico is very much a centerpiece of the culture. Reflected in Mexican food are the cultures that have come to define Mexico as a country: Aztec, Mayan, Toltec, Moorish, Spanish and even French. Come see why in 2010, UNESCO added Mexican cuisine to its lists of the world’s “intangible cultural heritage”. The aromas, textures and colors create a memorable experience you won’t soon forget.
- Local character and characters. San Miguel Food Tours will take you on an adventure that showcases the sights you came wanting to see and the ones you didn’t know about, but will be forever grateful upon seeing. You will learn about real local merchants who breathe life into the city with their powerful personal histories. You will see San Miguel’s history and beauty unfold through its stunning architecture, impressive natural terrain and fascinating locals.
- Good times. Eat. Smile. Learn. What can be better than fantastic food tastings combined with exploring and learning about San Miguel’s sights and hidden treasures, all while meeting new friends? Our goal is to make sure you have an amazing time and walk away armed with new knowledge as you continue your exploration of our unforgettable city. Armed with your new confidence and a host of recommendations we will give you, your good times in San Miguel will not end soon.