The original food tour of San Miguel.
Tacos And Authentic Regional Favorites. We know that tacos are on your list of food priorities and this culinary tour has tasty tacos and more. We take you to locally owned restaurants and street food stands you might not find on your own but certainly don’t want to miss.
- This is a 3.5-hour walking excursion with a local foodie as your tour guide.
- Enjoy mouthwatering regional cuisine from 9 different tasting locations.
- Tasting includes a bottle of water, fresh coconut water, and enough food for a satisfying lunch.
Mondays, Thursdays - Sundays
3 1/2 hours
1 tour guide
Tour takes place snow, rain, or shine
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable clothing and shoes
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
6 tastings. expert tour guide, tasting map with insiders recommendations
$55 adults $45 children under 13
Lavaderos at the corner of Recreo and Diezmo Viejo
5 star company with over 550 reviews
Handmade Mexican Candies
What to expect from this tour?
One-of-a-kind Food Tastings – A guided 3 to 3½ hour food and city walking tour featuring seven food tasting locations carefully chosen to highlight the best regional flavors San Miguel has to offer. Enough for a satisfying lunch, you will enjoy a sampling of mouth-watering foods at family-owned restaurants and stands and sip on refreshing local drinks. Learn about food from the local people and about the community, its history and deep cultural ties. Stops include San Miguel’s best churros, a traditional soup, mouth-watering Cochinita Pibil, a fabulous Oaxacan Black Mole, a surprising ceviche and much more. All food tastings are included in the ticket price. See all Tasting Locations to the right.
A Unique Cultural & Historical Experience – our tour is located in the heart of San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our aim is to not only satisfy your stomach but quench your thirst for knowledge. San Miguel de Allende’s history is steeped in culture, revolutions and passion! Between savoring delicious bites and tastings, you will feast your eyes on the beauty of this magical place. Our passionate and informed guides will help you navigate as a local. Some of the great sights that will be on our route are the famous Parroquia of San Miguel Arcángel, the vibrant the town plaza, the cobblestone streets and Spanish Colonial architecture.
Why take this tour?
- History and Food. Dating back thousands of years to indigenous cultures, food in Mexico is very much a centerpiece of the culture. Reflected in Mexican food are the cultures that have come to define Mexico as a country: Aztec, Mayan, Toltec, Spanish and even French. Come see why in 2010, UNESCO added Mexican cuisine to its lists of the world’s “intangible cultural heritage”. The aromas, textures and colors create a memorable experience you won’t soon forget.
- Local character and characters. San Miguel Food Tours will take you on an adventure that showcases the sights you came wanting to see and the ones you didn’t know about, but will be forever grateful upon seeing. You will learn about real local merchants who breathe life into the city with their powerful personal histories. You will see San Miguel’s history and beauty unfold through its stunning architecture, impressive natural terrain and fascinating locals.
- Good times. Eat. Smile. Learn. What can be better than fantastic food tastings combined with exploring and learning about San Miguel’s sights and hidden treasures, all while meeting new friends? Our goal is to make sure you have an amazing time and walk away armed with new knowledge as you continue your exploration of our unforgettable city. Armed with your new confidence and a host of recommendations we will give you, your good times in San Miguel will not end soon.
Tour highlights include:
STRESS FREE POLICY
Tour bookings can be changed to any date, different tour or turned into a gift certificate to use on a future date with no expirations even one hour before the tour! A change of plans is no problem!